Barossa Valley - South Australia - Wine Region - Yarra Valley
Australian Wine - Napa Valley - Red Wine - Food Wine
Days Of Wine And Roquefort
Murder, like Roquefort, stinks . . .
Cheese Shop owner Charlotte Bessette's life seems quieter than ever with her fiancÃ© out of town and her cousin Matthew and his children out of the house. But before she can put up her feet and enjoy a glass of chardonnay, Matthew asks her to play host to Noelle Adams, a bright sommelier visiting to help grow business for the local winery.
An affable wine aficionado, Noelle is paired well with the cheese expert Charlotteâ€”but something seems to be troubling the secretive houseguest, and Charlotte's life is upended when she finds the sparkling woman dead. Between Noelle's hotheaded ex, the cagey owners of the winery, its jaded manager, and a wily reporter, Charlotte has her pick of suspects, but she needs to act fastâ€”this is a mystery that only gets more dangerous with age.
About the Author
Avery Aames, author of A Cheese Shop Mystery for Berkley Prime Crime, is the pseudonym for Daryl Wood Gerber. Daryl created the format for the popular sitcom, "Out of this World" and has won awards for her screenplays. She also writes short stories and suspense novels.
A Taste Of Blood Wine
1918. A First World War battlefield becomes the cosmic battleground for two vampires, as Karl von Wultendorf struggles to free himself from his domineering maker, Kristian.
1923. Charlotte Neville watches as her father, a Cambridge professor, fills Parkland Hall with guests for her sister Madeleine's 18th birthday party. Among them is his handsome new research assistant Karl - the man Madeleine has instantly decided will be her husband. Charlotte, shy and retiring, is happy to devote her life to her father and her dull fiance Henry - until she sees Karl ...
For Charlotte, it is the beginning of a deadly obsession that sunders her from her sisters, her father and even her dearest friend. As their feverish passion grows, Karl faces the dilemma he fears the most. Only by deserting Charlotte can his passion for her blood be conquered. Only by betraying her can he protect her from the terrifying attentions of Kristian - for Kristian has decided to teach Karl a lesson in power, by devouring Charlotte.
Margaret River Winery
After proving herself in the field during the siege on America by the Victus terror organization, a shaken, but determined Pepper McCallan joins the upper ranks of the U.S. Counterterrorism Agency to track down Lilly Wang. Driven to avenge her ten-year-old son's murder at the hands of terrorists, Pepper makes fighting in the combat ring and shooting assault rifles look easy. Beneath her polished veneer, however, her emotions are waging a war against her new identity as she struggles with remorse for the lives she's taken in battle. While in Boston, her emotional state leaves her vulnerable to romantic overtures by her boss. Located in picturesque Western Australia, and well-funded by embezzlement from the Malaysian government, Victus sets out to use insect drones in a novel and devastating way. Lilly Wang is at the center of Victus, believing her analytical skills are valued by its leader, but quickly discovers she must navigate his deadly whims to stay alive. President Cecil Scott's private life is exposed while he simultaneously battles terrorism and his soon-to-be ex-wife. His well-heeled D.C. divorce attorney, Annie Preston, finds herself in a deadly predicament with underworld elements when lovers' identities are at risk of being revealed.
Home Of A Family Fractured By Incest And Abuse
This book tells a story through poetry about children who were sexually and physically abused by their parents. The poetry tells of the negative experiences the children faced and how they struggled with the trauma and destructive behaviors inflicted upon them by their parents all the way into adulthood. The characteristics of the parents' personalities and inappropriate deviant behaviors are also depicted in poetry.
San Francisco Bay Area And Wine Country Road Trips
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips. Featuring four amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you'll visit along the way, explore San Francisco, Napa Valley and Sonoma County, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
- Covers San Francisco, San Francisco Bay Area, Marin County, Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Russian River, Bohemian Highway and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips is perfect for exploring the San Francisco Bay Area in the classic American way - by road trip!
- Looking for a guide focused on San Francisco? Check out Lonely Planet San Francisco for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Pocket San Francisco, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely Planet California, our most comprehensive guide to the region, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the region's most popular attractions.
There's More in Store for You:
- For more US road-tripping ideas, check out Lonely Planet's Road Trips guides to Route 66 andPacific Coast Highways and Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides to California, New England, Southwest USA, Pacific Northwest, Florida & the South, New York & the Mid-Atlantic, and USA.
- Or start with our FREE SAMPLER '3 of the USA's Best Road Trips' with excerpts from each Road Trips guide to help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's Road Trips guides to Chateaux of the Loire Valley, Normandy & D-Day Beaches, and Provence & Southeast France and Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides to Italy, France, and Ireland for some European road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Barossa Living Articles
Barossa Living Books